I haven’t done any blogging yet in 2016 — I’ve moved to Canberra in Australia for at least a year (hopefully longer!) to be closer to my partner and try to experience a different education system. I’m excited for the challenges that 2016 will bring.
I saw a picture from @sylviaduckworth and thought it would be fun to do.
2 things you do well and will continue to do
- I will work with students to develop a better understanding of Growth Mindsets.
- I will embed the use of digital technologies within my lessons.
0 Something you want to stop doing
- I should stop stressing about results over pupil experience.
1 person you want to improve your relationship with
- This one is a bit tough. Hopefully I’ll find a job at a school in Canberra soon where I’ll be building new relationships with lots of people: colleagues, students, parents …
6 things you will do this year to step outside your comfort zone
- I will move to another country!
- I shall engage with using Googledocs as a classroom tool.
- I will organise a ‘no pens’ day at a school.
- I shall blog at least once a week.
- I will share more resources online.
- I will start a university module. I find the idea of starting a Masters degree terrifying because I find writing essays difficult!